You will find here are some news on the project
Current 2008 (?)...
The 4.0 release will available. Changes will:
- bug corrections,
- new pictures,
- support new langages (arabic, lithuanian...).
April 2008, 15.
Achim Trumpler have write a script for made easyly cache for the move activity.
As its script is interesting, it will be integrated in the future v4.0 of Pysycache ! But today, you can download it from his blog
or in the contrib area
. You will find an explanation on its blog and on the user manual
area that I have partially updated.
The 3.0.1 release is integrated in Debian (I'm very happy)! Thank you very much to Jose L. Redrejo Rodríguez!
November 2006, 3
The alimentation (or the motherboard) of my notebook is unavailable ! So it's impossible to boot with my notebook. It will take some day for me to restore my backups on my old computer.
Sorry for the delay for finish the additional themes.
October 2006, 31
The 3.0.1 release is available ! Change is a correction for the unicode management on Windows.
I'm preparing the additional themes for the move activity.
Francesca CAMPORA have made translation of booklet in italian and some parts of FAQ. Thank to her.
October 2006, 29
The 3.0 release is available ! Changes are :
- pictures and caches are bigger : 720 x 540 for move, click and buttons activities and 640 x 480 for double-clic and drag 'n'drop activities
- adaptation for the kids utilisation of the mouse: the mouse is always in the screen (cannot be out of the corner of the window) and buttons can not be clicked by mistake
- three levels of difficulties for each activity
- two modes for each activity: normal an ghost
- new themes for the buttons activity: bee and crapaud
- new pictures for the themes ABCBook and number of the move activity
- script-fu for gimp to make easy theme creation
- some optimizations for slow computers
- introduction of users personal directories for the users to have their own themes
- users management
- pictures can now be in bmp, png or jpeg format
October 2006, 10
The beta release ! In few days, the final 3.0 release!!!
September 2006, 19
First development alpha release.
All suggestions and feedbacks are welcome !
August 2006, 20
I have decided to provide every month the development release of Pysycache :
- for making the project more popular
- for getting more users' feedbacks for the new activities
June 2006, 20
I found a fix for Macintosh 10.4 users. The 2.1 release corrects the locale detection troubles.
I fixed the forms in the contribute area: there were a bug preventing your contributions being sent back to me!
If you do a translation and don't receive any answer from me, please e-mail me, because your contibution was probably lost!
|I'm looking for some contributors to translate the ABCBook, numbers themes and the menus ! Explanations are located in the "Contribute" area
I'm looking for contributors to translate the menus to your language too
PySyCache included on the issue #75 of the FreeLog magazine (may/june 2006) DVD.
May 2006, 16
Release 2.0 download count reached 2000!
I'm working on the 3.0 release: it will integrate three new activities (on the double-click and the drag-and-drop). Suggestions/ideas welcome!
David R. lended me a computer with Mac OS 10.4 (for making tests), because some users have troubles with the installation of pygame. Thank to him.
Last week, I added a new section on the web site to allow you to make translations to your language.
May 2006, 09
Øvind Karlsen have created a package for Mandriva distributions. For now, PySyCache is in Cooker and will be included by default in a further release ;-)
April, 15 2006
Release 2.0 download count reached 1000!
The show "De quoi je me mail"
(on RMC radio) talked about PySyCache ! (thanks to IoDream for this information) in collaboration with an article in the issue #417 of the "Micro Hebdo" magazine
February, 16 2006
After a lot of discussions and hesitations, pysycache now include a default theme (GPL compliant) for each activity. Additional themes are (of course) already available!
I'd like to thank every people who helped me to improve this project by doing tests, installations ;-), themes creation.
Some release notes:
- new more friendly interface
- modification of the pictures management: it's possible to have several caches for a same picture and a common cache for several pictures:
- a cache for the letter P will be used for Pinneapple, Pear, Potatoe
- a picture of zebra could be cached with a blured zebra, a grayed zebra or a savana picture
- new activities based on :
- the mouse "click"
- the mouse right, left and middle buttons
- possibility to associate a sound with a cache or a picture
- help in the menus about the activities content
- internationalization of the available themes in english, german, spanish, italian and portugese
Today, it's to you to assure the life of PySyCache:
I know that PySyCache is used:
- by using it at home, in your school,
- by sharing your themes
- by testimoning about the child usage
- by asking for some improvements
- by some schools
- by a rehabilitaion service in an hospital in Paris
The next release of PySyCache will include a new activity based on the drag and drop.
December, 8 2005
Release of the "numbers" theme made by Nicolas REVERSAT (thanks to him for his contribution).
Decembre, 3 2005
Very big number of hits on the website: more than 1200 visitors in 3 days and 2GB of downloads!
This after an article on framasoft written by Emmanuel POIRIER.
Some notes about the roadmap:
- integration of default theme for each activity
- new more friendly interface:
- multi-association of pictures and caches
- new activities on the mouse "click", the right, left buttons
- association of sound with a cache or picture
- help in the menus about the content of activity (I'm looking for translators - remember that you come from more than 70 countries - : just 10 lines of explications)
The 2.0 release would be available on 15 january.
November, 30 2005
Emmanuel POIRIER (from www.librecole.info web site) have ported PySyCache to Windows and built a pretty setup.
Go here to download... You can visit his website and help him in theses projects.
October, 31 2005
More than 1000 visitors during the month (and the 1.5 release has been downloaded more than 140 times !)
October, 21 2005
Version 1.5 of pysycache.
- total separation of pictures and the main program
- changes in the cache and pictures colors
- addition of a sound when a cache disappears
- new theme of discovery: the ABCbook
- separation of the "World" theme in
- "World" (for monuments and human creations)
- "Earth" (for the natural view of the Earth)
- two new modes of game. Available modes are :
- mouse mode : you have to discover the picture by moving the mouse
- ghost mode : some times, some area of the cached pictures come back
- Creation of a forum to share your contributions: don't hesitate to share your themes !
The next release will have an activity based on "click" of the mouse and the possibility to have several pictures for the same cache.
September, 20 2005
First public release of PySyCache.